Sample Start-Up Moodle Book (from online Sociology 1, Spring 2016)
In this class, you will take your tests in Moodle. These tests are based on the required readings and on all materials from the Moodle Books. Tests are not timed so you may take as much times as you need, as long as they are completed by the deadline. All tests must be completed before 11:00pm on the due date. No late tests are allowed or graded.
Tests include a mix of multiple choice, true/false, and matching questions. Specific topics and instructions are given for each test, but here are some general instructions:
- Click into the test for the week
- Read the instructions carefully before you begin and note the deadline
- When you’re ready to take the test, click “Attempt quiz now”
- Moodle will verify that you are ready to proceed. If so, click “Start attempt”
- You will be able to scroll up and down, and answer questions in any order you want
- For some questions, you will be allowed to check your answer during the test. To do this, click the “Check” button in the lower left of the question box (if one is there). Moodle will indicate if your answer is correct and, if not, some questions will allow you to retry for reduced credit. If allowed to try again, click “Try again.”
- After you’ve answered questions, click "Next" to save your answers.
- On the subsequent screen, you can either “Return to attempt” or “Submit all and finish” or you can click back to the main class page and return to the test later to work on it more. When you're completely done with your test, you must submit it by clicking "Submit all and finish." After you’ve submitted your test, you will not be able to return to it or change your answers.