Sample Start-Up Moodle Book (from online Sociology 1, Spring 2016)
Required Technology and Recommended Skills
This class is 100% online and requires a significant amount of computer work and online activity. Instruction, reading, assignments, and interaction are all done online. In order to succeed in this class, you will need the following:
- Consistent and reliable internet access
- Access to, and comfort using, a computer (smart-phones are not sufficient for most class activities)
- An email account that you can, and will, check regularly
- Comfort using internet browsers, and the ability to work with multiple open windows at one time (the best browsers for this class are Firefox, Chrome, or Safari; Explorer will not work for this class)
- The ability to download, open, edit, save, attach, upload, and email documents
- The ability to figure out, on your own, new academic software programs; in this class you will use Moodle, Revel, and Turninit
While I am available to help you with course materials, I will not be able to teach you the computer skills required for the class, so before you commit to the class, make sure you are able to meet the requirements above.
If you have technical difficulties with Moodle, you should contact Peralta Online Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.