Sample Start-Up Moodle Book (from online Sociology 1, Spring 2016)
Short Answer Responses
In this class, you will submit Short Answer Writing Responses, which require you to craft thoughtful answers to writing prompts. These Short Answer Responses require you to demonstrate your ability to analyze and critically engage the course materials, particularly the content (concepts, videos, etc.) within the Moodle Books.
All Short Answer Responses must be completed before 11:00pm on due dates (check the schedule). No late Short Answer Responses are allowed or graded.
Specific topics and instructions are given for each Short Answer Assignment, but here are some general instructions:
- Click into the Short Answer Response assignment
- Read the instructions carefully before you begin and note the deadline
- When you’re ready to begin, click “Attempt quiz now” – note that these are not quizzes, but I use the Quiz format within Moodle to collect your responses
- Moodle will verify that you are ready to proceed. If so, click “Start attempt”
- Once you’re in the Assignment, you will have unlimited time to craft your responses,as long as you save your answers by clicking "Next" at the bottom of the page. I recommend that you click "Next" every 5-10 minutes to save your responses. Some students write their responses in WORD or Google Docs and then cut & paste into Moodle.
- After you click “Next” you will be taken to a screen that prompts you to “Return to attempt” or “Submit all and finish.”
- If you intend to return later to edit or change your responses, do not click "Submit all and finish." Instead, you can go back into the assignment or click out of the assignment by returning to the main class page.
- When you want to return to the assignment to work on it more, simply click into the assignment again and click "continue the last attempt."
- When you are sure you're finished with the assignment, click "Submit all and finish"
- After 11:00pm on the due date, you will not be able to re-enter the assignment or edit your responses.
- Grades will show up only after I’ve reviewed and evaluated your work.